I have omitted lime zest from the original recipe as I prefer milder taste. They turned out great, very light (in spite of all the fat) and refreshing. I’ll work on dairy free version and post in the future.
Please enjoy sensibly :)
- 2 Tbsp. ghee (clarified butter) or good quality butter (like Kerrygold)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp raw honey (or xylitol/stevia if you avoid sugar completely)
- ½ cup kefir or yoghurt (organic, natural and whole fat)
- Blend everything well. It can take some time in cold weather.
- Poor into small ice cubes silicone trays and put into freezer.
- When ready, pop one out and enjoy.
This recipe comes from Healthy Gut Girl! youtube channel.