Who is the program for?
You will like this program if you struggle with weight loss, low energy levels or want to feel great in your own body. This approach will bring you long lasting results. I won’t ask you to ignore your body’s important signals like hunger. Instead, we will work on optimizing your diet so you can nourish your body, have more energy and the optimal weight will follow. Your body likes to be fit, you only need to feed it the right kind of foods.
You will also like my approach if you want to prevent unhealthy patterns and chronic problems occurring later in life and want to optimize your metabolism now.
The healthy body weight program focuses on optimizing your metabolism. It’s not about calorie counting, frankly quite the opposite. Different foods have different effect on metabolism, hormones, and chemical reactions in our bodies, irrespective of the amount of calories they contain. The goal of the program is to work towards new body weight set point, to minimize cravings, optimize energy levels and work in alignment with our body and its needs, not against it. Fighting hunger and exercising more is not the best strategy as it rarely brings lasting results. Instead, you want to listen to your body, eat when you are hungry paying special attention to the quality of food and its effects. This program will help you understand these basic principles, guide you through the process and set you on the path you can follow yourself.
What is included?
- Initial consultation, lasting up to 90 min, to assess your health and any underlying causes likely contributing to weight problems, setting up goals and preparing for the next stages.
- Three follow up consultations to guide you through the phases of the program.
- Information (basic or in depth depending on your expectations) about our metabolism and mechanisms of successful and permanent weight loss. I believe that understanding of why you want to implement changes is the key to greater motivation and better results.
- Structured program to guide you through four necessary phases but flexible enough to meet your individual needs, expectations, and your schedule.
- Phase 1: General health assessment, your individual needs and health concerns, that will influence the program and dietary recommendations.
- Phase 2: Working towards healthy metabolism and breaking old, unhealthy patterns.
- Phase 3: Working towards your optimal weight at the rate appropriate for you.
- Phase 4: Optimizing the diet you are happy with and can follow long term.